The newly developed CENTRUS quarter that had been commissioned in the end of 2015 is located in the active part of the city centre – in the quarter surrounded by Tērbatas, Dzirnavu, Blaumaņa and Barona streets, and encircled by historical Art Nouveau buildings.
There are two residential houses – with 84 flats – built in CENTRUS quarter with the commercial premises on the first floors of the buildings, pedestrian promenade, private courtyard and wide two-level underground car park. In the nearest future quarter will be complemented by the office building and hotel.
The author of CENTRUS is the internationally recognised Latvian architect Zane Kalinka, whose work is characterised by strong sense of place, surroundings and lifestyle, respect for the comfort of residents and the aesthetics of the environment; her work features open and pure space, made special by carefully selected details. According to the architect's intention, CENTRUS residential buildings and surroundings will respect the dynamic life of the city centre, while giving residents real privacy.
Advantages of the quarter:
- Excellent location for life, leisure and work - active business centre of Riga,
- High-quality architecture and flawless quality of buildings, apartments and available services,
- Safe and reliable living space,
- Closed, greened and landscaped private residential environment,
- Cozy and dynamic pedestrian promenade that connects Dzirnavu and Blaumaņa streets,
- 24/7 comfort service for the residents (consierge),
- Storage room,
- Two-level convenient and secure underground parking,
- Deliberative and comfortable layout of the flats,
- Two-, three- and four-room flats ranging from 47 to 118 square meters,
- Modern, natural and high-quality finishing materials, full interior finish,
- Apartment with private outdoor space – balcony or terrace, or without any outdoor space.
This is city centre, near the most important education, business, leisure and entertainment venues. Convenient public transportation, taxis, cycle paths, and nearby main streets give easy access to Riga International Airport, the central railway station, Riga bus terminal, passenger port and marinas. Numerous shopping centres, banks, government and local authorities will ease the needs of a comfortable daily life. In "The best building in Latvia 2015" award the multifunctional centre CENTRUS in Riga was recognised as the second best building of 2015 in the nomination "The new residential building".
The best qualities of CENTRUS that were highlighted during the exposition: the architectural unity of both buildings and the pedestrian promenade and the sustainable materials - white concrete and copper - used in the construction of the building facades. Also the contribution of the newly built quarter to the urban environment was emphasised as it provides well maintained and well planned, publicly accessible and open area in the city centre and new promenade for the pedestrians.